1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend me a 17"+ laptop

Discussion in 'Laptops, Notebooks and Netbooks' started by Shaun, 20 Mar 2012.

1. amusicsite

amusicsite ---> Staff Member

Error #207: wife found out how much you were planning to spend.
    Shaun likes this.
  2. Shaun

Shaun Founder Staff Member

Advert
    He he ... as far as she'll know it's £500 reduced from £800 (so a real bargain that needed to be snapped up!!) - which will make it look like a good offer and a wise choice by moi (whilst still being waaaaayyyyy more than she'd think reasonable for a laptop!!!).

I've got an estimated delivery date of 29th so I've got a few days to pick my moment to ... <cough> ... break the news.

Now it was the wife's suggestion last night to upgrade the laptop but I'm fairly sure that she'll have forgotten that by now, so I think I need to do it gently and suggest, at sometime over the weekend, that I look to see what "offers" are available and then "find" this great offer but make a show of umm'ing and err'ing so that I don't appear to be carelessly burning my way through our credit line. Then she can encourage me - you know, if it is a really good offer it would be a shame to miss it - and then I'll be making the decision with her. :wink:

What do you think - can I get away with it (providing I keep her and her mates away from GeeksChat!!!). :roflmao:
    amusicsite likes this.
  3. amusicsite

amusicsite ---> Staff Member

Say to her tonight 'you know the other day you said I should get a new laptop, how about this one' then show her the alien gaming beast and try explaining to her all the bits that make it worth that money.

£500 will sound cheap then. :wink:
    Shaun likes this.
  4. Shaun

Estimated Delivery Date: 29/03/2012 ... :D
  5. Shaun

Good job I checked with the wife!! :eek:

Having now raised the spectre of getting a new laptop, the wife was surprisingly supportive - well, only up to the tune of £500 ... :wink:

BUT ... and this is why I'm glad I ran it past her first ... she doesn't want the daughter to have one yet - wants to wait until she's moving up to "big" school - so I've given first refusal on my current laptop to a colleague; if he decides he doesn't want it when the time comes, I'll pop it on the CC classifieds. :thumbsup:

Package tracking link shows it leaving manufacturer today so hopefully I'll have it by Thursday (if not, sooner!!). :D
  6. If you are thinking that the money made from the sale of the old laptop can help top up that £500 to the £868.62 you actually spent, you'll be in for a shock when your missus declares that it should go towards the £500! :)
  7. Shaun

The money is irrelevant ... it's the "shiney" that counts (do that in the voice of smeagol/gollum) ... :D

Due tomorrow ... whohoo :geek: